One Sweep Stand
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A sea dweller at the concrete sea [open]

2 posters

Go down

A sea dweller at the concrete sea [open] Empty A sea dweller at the concrete sea [open]

Post by Albali Kursal Wed May 21, 2014 7:58 pm

You don't usually leave the ocean and the sea shores, and the much you know are plenty of harbors and costal cities, all they full of high bloods mostly, so being more into the land is a big change for you, but as a future Bounty Huntress and Rescuer, you should get used to all the landscapes, right?

This is your first time at this city, and you are quite amazed of everything, so many buildings and shops and just so unlikely the quiet and luxurious ports and harbors you're used to. You keep walking and getting inside store here and there, buying whatever you find interesting until you stop at what seems a restaurant with a terrace and decide to have a coffee there.

Of course you call the attention of many, is so unlikely to see Violets in the cities, and your pilot attire, with that vivid red, indicates nothing more, but a "dangerous" female, or that's also the image you want to portrait so people won't bother you... People with bad intentions that is. As soon as you get your cup of coffee, you take out a guidebook of the city and start to wonder where to go, fluttering your earfins, you're not sure, some help of the locals would be nice.
Albali Kursal
Albali Kursal

http://albajimenez.co.vu/

Back to top Go down

A sea dweller at the concrete sea [open] Empty Re: A sea dweller at the concrete sea [open]

Post by Theiyw Hopaea Thu May 22, 2014 5:17 pm

You're camped outside of the more populated region, thankfully. Because despite how nice these shops are, most of the trolls seem to either know each other, or keep away from each other. Even your friendly introductions didn't seem to win those you'd met over, and you'd nearly given up. Perhaps it would be best to speak with other outsiders, since some of the trolls were suspicious of you given that one night you'd just arrived and set up your tent.

Because you're bored, and a little hungry, you stop for some sweets at a small restaurant. Thankfully, they seem to have a fruit salad on the menu, and don't even look at the menu twice before you order it. One of the trolls you'd met the other night glares suspiciously at you from the corner of the room, which prompts you to go sit outside at one of the tables looking out onto the street.

The troll you notice first is wearing red, and appears to be a seadweller. It's strange to see her flaunting her status so proudly, as the seadwellers you know seem to be intent on hiding their fins. When you'd first met Eisire, she'd been running from a pack of lowbloods who'd found out who she was. Perhaps the kind of attire this seadweller was wearing was also some form of protection. After all, anyone would be able to notice whenever she either arrived or left a room due to the color she was wearing.

You snicker a bit at the way she's reading a guidebook. You'd never liked the things, they never really gave you the best places to go, and in fact you'd been lead mostly to tourist traps with them. No, if one was going to travel, one had to have a bit of willingness to adventure.

Sitting down at a table next to hers, you glance back at her. Well, she was obviously an outsider like you, and you might as well try and get her to set that awful book down.

The waiter seems to be a little busy, which is probably why he sets your fruit salad down at her table instead of her own. Well, it certainly works as a way to get to talk with her. Grabbing the plate, you look over at the seadweller, turning your chair around to the table. "Looks like they thought I was eating here. Not that I'd ever eat with anyone reading such a ridiculous book." You say, feeling a little bad that your introduction was an insult. Still, in this town, being nice certainly hadn't worked.
Theiyw Hopaea
Theiyw Hopaea

http://arcticrobotic.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

A sea dweller at the concrete sea [open] Empty Re: A sea dweller at the concrete sea [open]

Post by Albali Kursal Fri May 23, 2014 1:25 pm

<Y> !? Oh, my bad! didn't see yah chum, sorry! ~

You where so deep in your reading that you barely noticed a thing, even the way this fellow referred to your book (ok, you do, but you're so used to the way lower castes are towards you that you just keep being yourself). You're conscious this guide is not that helpful, it costed you like... 3 Caegars, but you're of the idea of "better this than nothing". You flutter your earfins happily... You indeed break the mold of what a Violet blood is expected to be, certainly, and that has caused you a lot of problems in the past, you don't seem to give up.

<Y> Please! take a sit. I'm not as bad as my book seems to be, I promise. I'm not from this town so I'm a little bit lost, yet this guide is quite old and needs and update... So, am I guessing yah live here to have said what yah did about this? ~

She said shaking the book on her right hand and then placing it calmly on the table.
Albali Kursal
Albali Kursal

Back to top Go down

Post by Theiyw Hopaea Fri May 23, 2014 1:44 pm

Isn't chum a kind of shark bait? Theiyw wasn't completely sure, but it was more than a little unsettling for him to be called that by a seadweller. Well, it was unlikely that she'd attack him in such a public place, and at least she was apologizing. In fact, this seadweller seemed pretty friendly, and he was starting to think that he might've had the wrong idea about them after all.

Given that he'd been invited to the table, Theiyw made himself comfortable, looking at the book and back at the seadweller in front of him a few times before deciding it was best not to harass her any more about it. The idea that you might actually be from this town has you chuckling, and you shake your head fervently. "As much of an outside as you are, actually. I do know about the place, though. It's not too big of a town once you know your way around." He shrugged, looking out onto the street before taking a bite of the fruit salad. It was always nice to get fresh food - traveling fare was never this tasty.

"I'm Theiyw." He said, holding out a hand for her to shake in an attempt to make up for the insult he'd given her earlier. "My knowledge of this place is from last night, can't get more current than that. If you're looking for a tip about how to get around, lose that as quickly as possible. Getting lost isn't too awful, it's better than walking around with your nose in a book." He did like to read, but adventure books were very different from the travel book that the seadweller in front of him was reading.
Theiyw Hopaea
Theiyw Hopaea

Back to top Go down

Post by Albali Kursal Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:59 pm

Albali fluttered her earfins again and shook the indigo's hand.

<Y> I'm Albali Kursal nice to meet yah! ~ -She said with a big smile- <Y> So you're not from around, uh? I like to explore, as a future Rescuer and Bounty Huntress I'm making little travels around Alternia to get to know the land, I've been living my whole life in an airship barely touching either land or water so yeah, any help is welcome ~

She was glad to see this indigo was taking all so well, in the past the other castes had been rude in their fear towards her to give a chance to know her better, that was also a reason to keep herself mostly on her hive. Yet, that hasn't made her to give up in her will to help others.

<Y> So, yah have any particular reason to be here? Vacations? Business traveling? ~ -She asked as she was holding the cup of coffee the waiter just gave to her-
Albali Kursal
Albali Kursal

Back to top Go down

Post by Theiyw Hopaea Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:27 pm

The story that Albali gave him was certainly interesting. An airship was sort of similar to his own lifestyle. Of course, he didn't fly, but he wasn't really in the same space for very long either. Of course, he did probably have a better sense of direction than Albali, mostly because he was on land getting to know the terrain in comparison to being up in the sky all the time. Still, he wanted to get to know more about her lifestyle.

"Awesome. Great to meet you, sounds like you've got a cool life." He said, taking his hand back and leaning back in his chair. "I'm forced to explore, so not at will, although I like to think it's not miserable all the time." Giving the seadweller a winning smile, he shrugged. "You've got it all planned out." He commented on her future occupations. He found that the higher caste a troll got, perhaps with the exception of juggalos and their allies, they became more and more focused on the future. It was another reason he liked lowbloods more. They had decided their lives were going to be most likely short, and full of awful things, so they didn't take too much time to plan ahead. For Theiyw, even where he'd be living in the next few nights was a mystery, and he liked to keep it that way.

"Lusus migrates. I do too." He shrugged, trying to keep his explanation as simple as possible. "Think you can get that to go? I'll show you around." He pointed to the cup of coffee, looking back out onto the street.
Theiyw Hopaea
Theiyw Hopaea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down